About Me

My photo
I am a very blessed person! Wife to an awesome man, mother to 4 wonderful kids(even though they all drive me crazy at times-even that awesome man!). I enjoy being me!!

Monday, November 10, 2008

Tis the Season of Gratitude

As I was sitting in church yesterday I was overwelmed by a sense of gratitude.

*I am so grateful for the members of the bishopric who serve with Duane. For their council and willingness to serve. You will never know how helpful you have been to him unless one day you are called to be a bishop!
*I am grateful for all those individuals through out the years that have taught/mentored/befriended and served my children. Is is great to know that there are such wonderful examples out there for my kids to emulate.
*I am grateful for my dad because he loves me, even though I am a slacker daughter and don't call him like I should.
*I am grateful to all the women who faithfully serve their country. Whether by their own service in the military or through the support they give to their husbands.
*I am grateful for my children. They put up with me, what more can I say!!
*I am grateful for Tyler and the opportunity to get to know him better.
*I am grateful for Duane, again, he has put up with me even longer that our kids!!! What a brave man!
*I am grateful for good friends both far and near. What a great support you all are.
*There are so many other things to be grateful for but I will stop with this last item. I am grateful for my Savior. For his love, sacrifice, and teachings so that I can return to be with my Heavenly Father, my Savior and my family after I have left this eartly life. To know the purpose of this life and to live it with purpose.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful post...Thanks for letting us in on your "thankful fors."

Mrs Ana said...

Thanks for sharing. Being a bishop and service in the church can seem like thankless jobs but we know there's at least one who is always thankful for what we do. Heavenly father never complains about our efforts as long as we do our best. It is amazing to see how much the members love the Bishop and his family. I've seen first hand how much time and love a Bishop gives. None of which he do without the support of a good wife and family. Especially one who is gratiful! God bless you for all you do.

Sylvia said...

Dang LeeAnn...this was so going to be my next blog.I'm not a copier by nature so now I have nothing to post...thanks a lot!!

By the way...nice post all the same :)