So now that the election is over I must live through the next 4 years as a dead head. By dead head I mean that I will have to keep my head numb to the political happenings going on around me. Pretty much like I did during the Clinton years. I get so angry when I pay too much attention to politics when I am not happy about the outcome.
Take this morning for instance. There I was driving to work, listening to the radio, minding my own business, when all of a sudden I am shouting at the top of my lungs and slamming my fist against the steering wheel!! All because of some idiotic statement that I heard on the radio.
Well, whoa Nelly!!! I don't like that person at all. The angry, don't screw with my county person. I prefer the calmer, more rational don't screw with my country person that I usually am.
Basically you can detect from this post that I am not at all thrilled with the outcome of the election (sorry Mike B. but that's just the way it is). So as to not become the crazy loud, angry person that I don't like to be I will have to become a dead head.
So if you see me with a glazed look in my eyes it is not because I have been overcome with adoration for the next President of the United States, it is because my brain is dead. That way I may be able to keep friends who are thrilled with the election outcome(yes, I mean you Mike B.).
Despite all these thoughts and feeling going through my brain today I still do LOVE THIS COUNTRY!!

5 comments:
I'm with ya sister!!
I know exactly how you feel. I couldn't look at images of the future prez and I can't even utter his name. I refer to him as BO because I think the election stinks.
It will be an interesting four years. A friend of mine always said that it's easier to throw a grenade than to catch one, so how fun to have something to critically discuss in blogland!
I can't be a dead head! I admit, I like the controversy, sinner that I am!
Jana, BO, hilarious!!!
We all have to put on the dead head from time to time in dealing with unpleasant situations, as this is.
Better than the BO camp following the ignorance is bliss mantra.
Post a Comment