This post started out as "I Love Friday!" but other thoughts were circling around in my head so it changed to........
Rambling #1
I have always loved Friday. The anticipation of the weekend is so enticing that I am obsessed with Friday's coming by Tuesday.
Before I went to work full time I loved it because it meant I got to hang out with Duane for the weekend. Now that I am working full time it means sleeping past 5am and getting to hang out with Duane.
Even if Duane is out of town, that sleeping past 5am is such bliss that it almost knocks hangin' with Duane to second place!
Rambling #2
The word anticipation has caused me to think of the imminent birth of my second granddaughter. I call and ask S&MB if she is here yet about every other day, just like a good grandma should. Today I had a chat with said granddaughter via the cell phone through MB's belly and told her to get a move on! We'll see how much sway grandma has.
Rambling#3
Grandma is such an old sounding word. Don't get me wrong, it's a cool word, just an old word for one so young as I.
Rambling #4
Megan made dinner last night. I am eating the left overs for lunch today. She is a pretty good cook for a teenie bopper. She tried to recreate a Noodles pasta dish and did a pretty fair job. I think that her version is actually more healthy then the Noodles version. It seems that all restaurants have a bottle of "secret sauce" that adds incredible flavor and a cagillion calories.
Rambling #5
Calories. I hate calories. Unfortunately they love me.
Rambling #6
Which brings me back to Fridays where I usually start consuming copious amounts of said calories. Which causes me to not look forward to stepping on the scales on Monday for my obligatory weigh in. What a vicious cycle. But I still love Fridays!

4 comments:
Fridays are awesome! Daughters cooking are awesome! Being a grandparent will be awesome! (when is she due?) and spending time with hubbies are awesome! Did I miss anything? Great post.
I live for Fridays even though my Saturdays seem busier then any other day. As for the grandma thing my grandkids are not going to call me grandma. I've already decided I'm coming up with some awesome spanish word! The post is Great!
i'm pretty sure thats the best friday you ever had because you got to hang out with me.
Post a Comment