The Christmas decorations have now come down and I feel so very naked.
How can that be? I have brought back all the other items I have had out all year long but they just don't seem to cut it after Christmas.
I must remember this feeling next Christmas so that when it comes time to decorate I will not have the "spirit of Scrooge" nestled deep inside my heart. If Megan had not been around we probably would have only had a tree up this year and who knows if there would have been decorations on it.
Here is another question for you. Why does it take forever and a decade to put the decorations up? It took me two weeks before I had everything completed. Granted I did a whole new tree theme this year but "Good Grief, Charlie Brown" two weeks!! That's insane! Then when it comes to putting it all away I had it done in one evening. It's crazy! Just plum crazy!
Ah, but Chritmas was great! We got to talk to Aaron. He is doing wonderful and can you believe it that we did not even have him speak that crazy Thai language for us! What were we thinking?? Obviously we wanted to understand our conversation with him!
The next wonderful part of Christmas was that we got to spend it with S, MB and T. This was Tori's first Christmas and our first with S and MB since they were married almost 3 years ago. It was so much fun having them with us. Harry, the liposuction needing cat, even got tired of hanging out in my bedroom and started giving S and MB's dogs the "what for" when he came out and they would pester him. It was hilarious to see this big dog (S and MB also have a weimer) run from a cat that has no front claws!
Of course it was most excellent having Megan, Jacob and Tyler with us for Christmas. Who knows where they will all be next year!
The company was great, the gifts were great, the time and reason of Chritmas is awesome!
So remind me of this next year when December 1st rolls around and the scroogelets start niggling at my heart that I really do love Christmas!

2 comments:
But did you get the treadmill from Santa?
The answer to your question is I don't know...I thought the exact same thing on New Years Day.
You know how to make a tantalizing title girl! Glad you joined the land of blog again, I was worried about ya!
Post a Comment