About Me

My photo
I am a very blessed person! Wife to an awesome man, mother to 4 wonderful kids(even though they all drive me crazy at times-even that awesome man!). I enjoy being me!!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Big D Wants a Name Change

It's true.

Big D doesn't like his name.

He thinks it makes him sound like a large man from the Ozaark Mountains with red flannel underwear, bib overalls, a corncob pipe and a nice jug of moonshine tucked up under his arm.

The kids think it makes him sound like a thug.

I suggested "silly sally" but he didn't like that one either.

Here are his choices:
Big D
dadeo44(his XBOX login name for all you online XBOXers out there)

What do you think?

Big D- stand for everything that he is to me.
*The cream cheese frosting to my carrot cake.
*The safe port in the storm of life.
*The laugh to my giggle.
*The apple of my eye (oh, now, that one was sappy!)

or

dadeo44? (he's not even 44 any more!)

Suppose we could go back to the Hill AFB days and call him DEVO.

5 comments:

Tina said...

I can understand him not liking Big D. But do you remember when he and the boys did their Soggy Bottom Boys (O Brother, where art thou) impression at a church function!!! Bad teeth, hillbillies!!! Ha, Ha, that was GREAT!!! I love your sappy sayings, how cute! "Darling D" "Daring D" "The bishop" DH for "dear husband" hmmmmmmmm. . . you should probably come up with it on your own!

Mrs Ana said...

I for one like Big D. It just makes me think of a big strong protective kind of guy. Someone you can count on to take care of you and all the manly things around the house. I say keep the name. Devo is kind of cool that would be my second choice!

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

My Dad played x-box w/ my sister and he typed in ICE as name and we were all confused. My Dad's an old white guy, not really the ICE type. He cleared it up by telling us he was the principal of Indian Creek Elementary

Sylvia said...

I like BIG D too...sounds like a rapper.

Jana said...

I like Devo. How cool would it be for him to be called Bishop Devo? Yeah, Devo is the one.