About Me

My photo
I am a very blessed person! Wife to an awesome man, mother to 4 wonderful kids(even though they all drive me crazy at times-even that awesome man!). I enjoy being me!!

Monday, January 12, 2009

The Great and Spacious Building

And I cast my eyes round about, and beheld, on the other side of the river of pavement, a great and spacious building; and it stood as it were in the air, high above the earth. And I also saw other multitudes driving their way towards that great and spacious building. And it came to pass that I saw and bear record, that the great and spacious building holds the junk of the packrat.



I have sucumbed to the need for a storage unit.

It is horrible.

I had vowed never to rent such a space.

I am now eating crow.

But it is a small unit.

Granted not all the stuff in the storage unit belongs to me. Aaron has about 6 containers or so. Megan about 3 and Jacob 2.

The rest is Christmas and Fall decoration.

Letters from Big D when he was was in Korea.

Children's books.

A treadmill.

So it is all useful stuff.

I just need to get rid of some kids so I can bring my treasures home where they belong.

4 comments:

My25Cents said...

DON'T DO IT!! I paid for a storage unit for at least 6 years. We ended up with no garage here in MD and vowed that anything we hadn't used in 2 years (minus sentimentals) would go. It's AMAZING what you can let go of. Bite the bullet and save the money in a "congratulations to me" account.

Tina said...

I keep wanting to succomb to a storage unit . . . but I have this book about decluttering that says that storage is the way to rottage of your stuff. But on the other hand I keep thinking I need a bigger house for all my stuff . . . wouldn't a storage unit be cheaper than a bigger house? I still haven't taken the plunge . . . . just trying to get rid of stuff!

Sylvia said...

Oh no...you've become one of THOSE...a keeper of crap!
I hate stuff...I have learned to purge unnecessary things and keep only things I love. I am married to a "keeper" and that poses a bit of a problem at times...until he goes on a trip and then I throw out his unnecessary crap...funny thing is he has only noticed 1 thing in 9 years.

LeeAnn said...

I must clarify that the MAJORITY of the stuff is Aaron's and we will have that for the next four years. I tell ya, if we get rid of the kids, we get rid of the storage unit!