Anybody hungry?
Here is an excerpt from his latest letter:
As far as my two Thanksgivings go, the first was definitely the best. Older family, and even though their one daughter is autistic and was a little upset, they still had the whole Thanksgiving thing on lock. Out second one was with a younger family. The wife, Sister Beck, was normal, and so was this one guy there named Bother Mac. Everyone else was weird. Way weird. And the pumpkin pie was offensive to Thanksgiving. One of their little boys had a piece. He took a bite and said loud enough for everyone at the table to hear, "Dad, is this pumpkin pie?" "Yes, son, it is." "Then how come it doesn't taste like it?!" I almost died laughing on the spot! Not sure if Sister Beck or their Thai maid made the pies, but Brother Beck stepped up to the plate and said, "Because I made them. And daddy's not very good at making pies." Oh man! What a champ! That was the best part of the day!
I'm thinking that funky pumpkin pie wouldn't be to bad after comsuming grasshoppers.

5 comments:
Seeing those grasshoppers and knowing he ate one sends shivers up my spine lots and lots of times, I hate grasshpoppers.
Gross ... gross!
My brothers and probably my sons would think that was cool though.
I love the pumpkin pie comment too, very cute. Sounds like something that could very well happen at my house :)
Having eaten bugs before...for an Ecology class...I can attest that they usual taste better than you think. Ants,for instance, taste like lemons. Yumm..makes you want to try it now doesn't it?
P.S.- You are no longer at the bottom :)
I admire Aaron! That looks so gross! I love the thanksgiving stories they are so funny! He is a champ!!
Funny. I have got to try to write Aaron and tell him about my Thailand experience. This was funny!!
Post a Comment