About Me

My photo
I am a very blessed person! Wife to an awesome man, mother to 4 wonderful kids(even though they all drive me crazy at times-even that awesome man!). I enjoy being me!!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Miracles Still Happen

It's true! It's true! Miracles still happen!

I have waited 8 years for this miracle and it has finally come to pass!

8 years ago Big D brought home the cutest little ball of orange fur from Washington state. I had mentioned that I would really, really, REALLY, like to have another orange kitty cat(I had one growing up). Big D had a trip to Washington state where one of his younger brother's lives and my wonderful sister-in-law made sure that Big D did not leave the state empty handed!

So across the continent came this cute little kitty cat that all the female airline workers went gaga over (hint to single males looking for women-take a cute kitty on an airplane flight). Into our home we welcomed him and I was so looking forward to bonding with my new kitty cat that I had a "my cup runneth over" moment. I imagined wonderful moments of having this cute little kitty curl up in my lap while I am reading or watching tv. Sleeping at the foot of my bed to keep my feet warm in the winter time......

Then that dratted cat turned on me. I found out that he is not a cat who wants to hang out with somebody who will love him and be nice to him. Oh no! This cat is a masochist and wants to hang out with people who are mean to him. "People" who dress him up in doll clothes. "People" who pick him up and squeeze him just to hear him squeak. "People" who pounce on him when he is sleeping. "People" who hold him upside down("people", you know who you are!).

All this cat has ever wanted from me was food and a clean kitty litter box.

Then the MIRACLE happened! Now I am the cat's meow and he is sleeping on my bed!

Until S, MB & T leave and take their dogs with them.
Harry, the cat, does not like these dogs. They are not his dogs. One is just his size but is a bit to bossy for Harry. The other one looks like Harry's dog but , no, this is not Harry's dog.

Harry hangs out in my bedroom when these other dogs invade his space. These dogs have been to our house before and Harry has hung out in my room for a few days, but he has NEVER slept on my bed before. In the 8 years that he has lived with us I think that he had spent a grand total of 5 minutes on my bed. So it is truly a miracle that he has slept on my bed for 2 nights in a row now!

Unfortuntely this miracle has a time limit. As soon as those dogs leave that cat will be drawn back to his masochistic ways and seek out the "people" that pester him and will be hanging out in her room:(


Harry, the liposuction needing, masochistic cat
dreaming that he is really....


All that and a bag of chips!!!

5 comments:

Tina said...

Though I cannot understand this love for animals and especially those that sleep on your bed . . . I am very happy you are happy :) :) :)

Nina said...

I think you got your dog and cat mixed up. I'm sure Boomer would love to sleep on your bed...or your lap!!

Cunningham Blog said...

That is one squishy cat! It always frustrated my Mom that she was the one that fed and watered the cat but I got all the affection. And I tortured that cat. Dress up, interesting foods in her bowl -- everything. I am very nervous about her showing up at the judgment bar when I am dead.

Mrs Ana said...

Very funny love the story behind the story. Harry is very fat!

Sylvia said...

I have quite the opposite problem...can't get the dog out of the bed. How does a 5 pound Chihuahua manage to hog the entire bed? It is a mystery.
That is a pretty cute and fat cat...funny how fat animals are especially cute but fat on people not so much!