
I'm a Lemming in that I too am posting a "Flashback Friday" post.
I'm flashing back to my favorite childhood Christmas gift.
This gift was not one that I really, really, wanted and Santa brought it to me, but one that I didn't even know I wanted!
I don't even remember how old I was when I got the best Christmas gift ever. I just remember that it was so totally awesome that I can still smell it now when I smell really bad perfume!
Yes, the best Christmas gift ever was my very own perfume making kit. It had cute little vials with black lids to mix the ever so fragrant oils together. Lavender, lilac, rose, musk.....(amazing how they all actually smelled the same).
I played with this kit FOREVER! The master perfumer was always had at work coming up with the latest and greatest sent that would rock the world!
Take the special dropper and mix this delightful fragrance with that one. Shake lightly and look for testers(suspecting or unsuspecting).
Of course my memories of this gift are coming through rose colored glasses cause I LOVED this present. After a while I think my parents may have started to wonder why they bought this stinky kit!!!
So how about you? What was your favorite gift?

3 comments:
Garry and I got engaged a few days before Christmas, and as one of my Christmas presents he bought me a hope chest. It was beautiful and such a nice gesture. Of course, now it's a toy chest, but maybe one day it'll be a hope chest again.
It's funny, looking back I remember the gifts I didn't like . . . or was the most disapointed over. I remember loving an 8-trac player...I wore out the tapes I had!
Let me start by saying that I love the title.
My favorite gift is similar to yours...a make your own makeup kit. It was the 70's so I'm sure it was full of lead and we looked like french hookers wearing the "makeup" we made but it stands out as the favorite. Second would be a yellow Sony boom box...water resistant, dual cassette decks...so sweet!
Post a Comment