Victoria Marie
Elise Adalia
Picture a beautiful meadow on a nice spring day. In this meadow full of flowers, long grasses, butterflies and birds are two young girls. Happy and joyful as they run and play together. Chasing butterflies, creating bouquets of wild flowers and making flower wreaths for their hair. Lying quietly to listen to the birds sing and the wind sigh through the trees.
These two young girls are sisters. One of them is getting ready to make her journey to earth to gladden the hearts of her awaiting parents. These are the last few days that these two sisters will get to spend together for while. For you see that the eldest of the two has already made her journey to earth. Her stay was oh so brief and then she was gone. Gone back to her Heavenly Father her mission completed, her body gained, faith in Christ and the plan of salvation strengthened in those she left behind.
I imagine that Elise told Victoria to be a loving daughter. Obedient and kind. To give their parents the love of two not just one. I imagine Elise watching over Victoria. Her guardian angel.
I don’t imagine these things just to make myself feel better for the loss of one granddaughter. It is more of a feeling that I have been having since I first held Victoria in my arms and have finally sat down to put it into words. I am so grateful for the restoration of the true gospel of Jesus Christ. For the knowledge of where we came from, why we are here on this earth and where we are going after we leave this mortal existence. I am so grateful to know that family ties go beyond this lifetime. That the eternities stretch out before us and behind us. We knew each other before and we will be together again through the restoration of the Priesthood and the ordinances that we are blessed with through the authority of that Priesthood.
This Christmas season has touched me more spiritually that any other. It is all because a beautiful little child of God came to earth to turn my heart back to my Savior.
Thank you Elise.
Grandma loves you.
Grandpa and I will help you watch over your little sister.

8 comments:
LeeAnn, no words can express the feelings I had reading your thoughts. Inspiring . . . goosebumps . . . . thanks for sharing your heart with us.
What beautiful thoughts! What a heart full of love. The gospel is full of beautiful blessings and examples of his plan. Elise is an example of his plan. Big hugs coming your way! Love you!!
Mark this day on your calendar as the day you actually made me cry. That was a sweet post...congrats again on your beautiful grandaughter.
Make that two people you made cry. Thank you for sharing.
What a beautiful post LeeAnn. Truly beautiful and touching.
Such a beautiful post. You are such a great example to all of us. Thank you!
This is one of the best blog posts that I've ever read. Thanks for sharing your wisdom.
You made me cry as well. I am so happy for Spencer and Mary Beth, their baby is beautiful.
Post a Comment