About Me

My photo
I am a very blessed person! Wife to an awesome man, mother to 4 wonderful kids(even though they all drive me crazy at times-even that awesome man!). I enjoy being me!!

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thomas Jefferson-He's The Man!

On Columbus Day we drove out to Monticello to check out Thomas Jefferson's home. 
What an amazing place!  If you have not been......GO!



We went with my mom and step-dad and Tom's (my step-dad) oldest child, Greg and him family.  Last year when Jake went to EFY it took him and Allison the week to figure out that they were cousins (would that be step-cousins?)  Pretty sad really. Greg and Trish live only about an hour away from us and we don't get together until the parental units fly in from Utah!  We should be ashamed!

Jake is not one who likes to have his picture taken.  So I snap them whenever I can!!!  He's pretty quick though and apparently I am not sneaky enough!  Jake also HATES history and seeing historical things but after this trip he had to admit that Thomas Jefferson is the man!  He really admired all Mr. Jefferson's
 "Labor saving devices" 
History is not so bad after all!

Haging out with the genious Mr J.

2 comments:

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

He is the man. Love the last pic.

Megan said...

Man I'm bumbed I didn't get to go, stupid school always gets in the way of having fun.