About Me

My photo
I am a very blessed person! Wife to an awesome man, mother to 4 wonderful kids(even though they all drive me crazy at times-even that awesome man!). I enjoy being me!!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

We're Staging a Break In.....

....to the National Treasury.



Way back in my beginning blog days I posted a picture that Jake drew of an eagle.
If you need a reminder of his great talent here it is again. He informed me later that he wasn't even done with the picture yet when he took this photo. I haven't even seen the finished product yet, but I am getting ahead of myself here.



So this picture of Jake's was posted at the school "art show." That was the last time Jake saw the picture. He had a chat with his art teacher, Mr. Zippy(I kid you not), and found out that he, Mr. Zippy had sent it on to the Charles County Fair. Where it won 1st place in it's category(of which we have no clue-wildlife? pastels? bigger that 4x5 inches?).

After Jake found out that he had won 1st place "in it's category" he was expecting to get the picture back. Oh contrare! The picture disappeared again! Back to see Mr. Zippy( his name kinda makes you want to break out in a rousing chorus of "We're off to see the Wizard...." doesn't it!), who did some digging and found that it was now at the Charles County Board of Education Office. Mr. Zippy called the CCBOE offices to get it back but was informed that it wasn't there anymore. It had been returned.

Ehhhhh! Wrong!

Off to the CCBOE offices Mr. Zippy zipped and the lovely lady there told him the same thing, "it is gone. It was returned. It was hanging right there on the wall and as you see it is gone."

So Mr. Zippy informs Jake of this disturbing news which does not cause Jake to want to sing anything from the Wizard of Oz. Mr. Zippy told Jake to "get your parents to go to the CCBOE office. Then your picture will be found!"

Wednesday Jake took it upon himself to go down to the CCBOE to do a little desk dancing of his own. Which is probably a good thing cause I am not a very good desk dancer.

The lovely lady at the CCBOE office told Jake the same thing that she told Mr. Zippy. When Jake told her that "no, it has not been returned(otherwise why would he be there. Duh!) She told him it may have been returned to the wrong school. She would put the word out to the art departments and see if it was at any of the other schools in Charles County.

Yesterday I get a text from Jake(yes, while he was at school) telling me that the lovely lady from the CCBOE had called Mr. Zippy to tell him that they had found Jake's picture.

At the National Treasury building!

No big deal(!). Not like the artist would want to know where his picture was being displayed at or anything(!). Good Grief Charlie Brown!!!

So we are planning a break in just to make sure that Jake really gets his picture back before the school year ends.

Anybody have Nicolas Cage's cell number? I'm thinkin' he might be handy to have on our break in team.

6 comments:

Nina said...

I was just in DC on Tueday, if you would have posted sooner I would have donned my Nicolas Cage get up to recover the "lost treasure." Good Job Jake!

Dave Smith

Tina said...

WOW! That is fantastic!

LeeAnn . . . your telling of this story reminded me of the mysteries that are solved in "The Ladies #1 detective agency" Very funny! (at least I thought so)

Jake, you are very talented!!!

Sylvia said...

Just know that if you get caught breaking in...I'd totally come and bail you out. That's just the kind of awesome VT partner I am :)

Stephanie said...

That is amazing art work! Jake is so talented. I do hope you all eventually get it back though.

Mrs Ana said...

what an exciting mystery! I wish I could come with you and be part of it all. What a beautiful picture too. No wonder everybody wants to keep it. Where's the fist place ribbon? Did he at least get that? I don't blame you for wanting to set it free! This all reminded me of National Treasure for sure!

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

Wow! Being displayed in DC-very impressive.

Riley also one a prize from the Charles County Fair. She didn't realize she entered it. We never did find out what she entered, but we got a certificate