We received this email from a member in California who Jake worked with. How awesome is that!?!?!?!
Hello Volk Family
My name is Suezan Dutfield and we had the privildege of having your son serve in our Simi Valley ward for several months. We became very attached to your wonderful son. He means a great deal to us. Because of his teachings, and the guidance of the Spirit, my husband and I were sealed in the Los Angeles Temple on November 12. When we told Jacob were would be moving to Iowa in June of 2012, he asked us if we would make it to the temple to be endowed and sealed before we moved. We said we would probably wait until after we moved. He told us he didn't know why, but he had a very strong feeling that we needed to go to the temple before we made that move. We prayed, and we made sure that happened. The blessings our family has received since going to the temple are awesome and too numerous to mention. One of our greatest blessings was having your son spend time with our family. He taught us so much and the spirit was so strong in our home each time he was here. I know the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, so I know he has an awesome family back home. His eyes light up when he talks of home and his family. We know there is a great love there and he has lots of support. Thank you for sharing your son with Southern California. We are so fortunate that our paths crossed. What a blessing it was the day he walked into our home. Poor guy arrived in Simi Valley and came with his companion to our home. It was a bit crazy as I was not home, my husband was on the phone with his uncle who was telling him he was diagnosed with lung cancer, we have 4 (yes four) dogs that were going crazy and my husband kept opening and closing the door (afraid the dogs would get out) and not wanting to get off the phone so he wasn't communicating very well. Later Jacob told us he thought he must be the worst missionary ever. He couldn't even get in the door of a member family! We all had many laughs over this first meeting. I became very attached to Jacob, as he is in the same age range as our sons. We have four boys (24, 20, 18 and 11). I cried when he left. I can only imagine what it feels like to have a son leave on a mission. Proud, happy and lonely all at the same time. I will find out for myself this year as my 18 year old will be putting his papers in this July with hopes of leaving in October when he turns 19. I can only hope my son will impact the lives of those he comes in contact with as Elder Volk has impacted ours. Your son was a great example to Logan and I am sure Jacob is part of the reason Logan has decided to serve.
Again, thank you for sharing your missionary with all of us. I know he has so much more work to do!
Affectionately,
Sister Suezan Dutfield



5 comments:
That IS a warm fuzzy!
Awesome! ...and she is right, he comes from an amazing family!
Love it!
How amazing! That is just awesome!
I found your blog!
Wow. What a very impressive letter.
Missionary work is the best!
Post a Comment