A pretty good adventure too!
He entered the MTC on Wednesday, February 16th at 1:30 pm.
But first we had some good times with friends and family in Utah. The Page's were kind enough to open their home to us and host a little get together to see Jake one last time for the next 2 years.
Getting some advice from Lance Moore on what to do and what not to do on his mission.
Chatting with friends Seeing old friends. This is Leah Miller, We know the Miller family from our days back in Fargo, North Dakota. Leah's brother, Ammon, also came to the party but big sis Monica was absent. I told Leah to kick her in the shins for not showing up! These kids have known each others for years and it was good to see them again.
More friends from our Fargo days. This is Ryan Buxton and his lovely wife Katy. There are stories that both Ryan and Spencer could tell from their youth that I don't even want to hear!
With camera in hand I intended to capture pictures of all those who came to enjoy the evening together. This is as far as I got:
Pretty sad eh!?!? It is sad cause there were a lot of people there...to many to visit with that not only did I miss getting pictures I missed visiting with some of them!
Finally the day arrives to get Jake over to the MTC. The process has changed since Aaron went on his mission. It is curb side drop off now. A clean, efficient, tear free (well, kinda), process of wisking the new missionary off to begin his training. As you drive into the front drive of the MTC there are missionaries all over the place. Those tagging your car and directing you were to go. Those lining the sidewalk and waving and cheering on the new arrivals. Pictures would have been so much better than these lame words! At least I got the important pictures taken!
Are you ready? ....Dude, I'm always ready!
Let's go Elder Volk!See ya in 2 year Jake!

6 comments:
AWESOME. What else is there to say.
WOW! I'm so excited for Jacob and his decision to go on a mission.
AND double WOW! Thanks for having my kids over to see Jake. . . . . it is fun to see them on your blog!
And so fun to see the Waldorfians that have moved to Utah also. Is that Mitch in the pics???
So happy for your family. How fun to get to hang out with friends before he went into the MTC.
I'm looking forward to reading about his adventures on your blog :)
Thanks for sharing the pictures! What a great reminder of the wonderful evening we spent with our Maryland friends. I can't tell you how good it was to see everyone again! Really loved it and loved being with you guys. Looks like you had a good experience sending Jake off. Thinking of you!
Yay!! Now we have another two years of Missionary letters. I hope Jake's experiences are as good (and funny) as Aaron's. : )
Congratulations, Elder Volk. I seem so out of the loop. So excited for him.
Post a Comment