About Me

My photo
I am a very blessed person! Wife to an awesome man, mother to 4 wonderful kids(even though they all drive me crazy at times-even that awesome man!). I enjoy being me!!

Monday, May 17, 2010

Who Knew That My House is Really a Mansion?

Well, that's what it is feeling like right now.  We are in the process of putting new siding on the house and have opted to save some bucks by tearing off and putting up new sheathing. Compaired to other homes in the world mine really is not all that big but it sure is feeling like it right now!

We have to take out every window to put the new sheathing in. At least they are easier to clean when they are not attached to the house!

This is Tracy Kirkham painstakiningly pulling the old sheathing off. There are staples in it about every 3 inches on every stud! What a pain! It took Elizabeth and I an hour to get two of these sheets off. With one sheet we were both pulling and tugging on it, practically hanging on it to get it to come off! It was hilarious!

Tori doing a little clean up work!

There are two sides to our house that are 3 stories high. This is one of them. Jake and Spencer spent a lot of time up there freaking out at the height. Well okay, Jake did, but so would I!!!

I should have stood further away from the house for a shot so you could see better how high up these boys are.

One of the pile of debry that has grown tremendously!  This was just from the first day, back of the house about 1/4 of the actually stuff that came off of the back.




Here are some shots of the hail that we received. Duane, Jake and Spencer were out in this storm trying to "batten down the hatches" so to speak. They had to cover up some exposed insulation and wires. Duane was laughing at the craziness of it all. He was up on a ladder in a hail storm with lighting and thunder. Spencer told him not to worry, "I grabbed the fiberglass ladder!" Needelss to say that they were drenched by the time they finished getting htings covered up and of course the storm was petering out and coming to a stop. 
.

When it is all done my house will be Cypress green not blah grey. Crisp white trim and 4 new windows. Dang. Now I'm gonna have to break down and do some landscaping

7 comments:

Smith family said...

That's a big project!! Wish we (I mean Dave) was there to help! Good luck and we want after pictures of your new green mansion!

Stephanie said...

I can't wait to see, I'm sure it looks fabulous! But I do not envy the process! Sounds like a lot of hard work!

Unknown said...

Wow...tons of work, but I bet it will be awesome when it's done!

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

We had the Elders over and they were very proud of the fact they climbed up on your roof. I'm just amazed you know how to take out windows and put them back in.

Mrs Ana said...

That looks like a lot of work but it will look so good it's all worth it! I'm glad everyone was kept safe! Can't wait to see the finish product and the landscaping.:)

Little Sweet Pea said...

wow, I want to see the after pic!

annie valentine said...

When are you going to post about Aaron? It's been 24 hours at least!!