About Me

My photo
I am a very blessed person! Wife to an awesome man, mother to 4 wonderful kids(even though they all drive me crazy at times-even that awesome man!). I enjoy being me!!

Friday, February 20, 2009

What I said before...I take it back

You may recall that I previously wrote a blog about miracles still happening. The miracle being that my cat, yes MY CAT, not Megan's cat, but MY CAT, had finally decided to sleep on my bed.

Well that was all fine and dandy then. He was sleeping at the foot of the bed like a good cat should. Not taking up any space that belonged to either myself or Big D.

And then......

The miracle ceased.

Harry left me for Megan.

I was okay with it. I found that it did not cause me to shrivel up and die for lack of attention. I mean really, how can it be attention from MY CAT when we are all sleeping?

Then last night the miracle returned.

Right smack in the middle of my side of the bed.
And he wouldn't move(no I did not push him off the bed, that would be mean and then he may never love me again)

I have forgotten what it is like to sleep around an animal. I now see why Megan sleeps in so late. With both Harry and Boomer taking up space in her twin bed there can't be a lot of restful sleep going on.

It's like sleeping with a toddler who likes to sleep sideways and is immovable.

Why did I ever think that I wanted MY CAT to sleep in my bed!?!?!

Obviously I failed to remember that my previous cat, Fred, with whom I grew into my teen years with slept on one side of my queen sized water bed while I slept on the other. Now Big D sleeps on the other side of the bed and I guess Harry thought that I would gracefully give up my side.

Only semi-gracefully.

If it happens again he's getting the boot!
A soft and gentle boot mind you.
But the boot none-the-less!

4 comments:

Megan said...

mom you got to learn how to sleep around the animals thats the secret, well actually no if they are in my way i just kick them out but they always come back because they love me!

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

yet one more reason we don't have pets-kids is bed kicking us yes-pets no

Tina said...

fickle cat!

Cunningham Blog said...

I remember my cat -- she'd start off at the bottom of the bed, move up to my side, and then take over my pillow. Sneaky cat.