Yes it is time for you all out there in blog land to feel so, so sorry for me.
Why?
Well, because I said so! Isn't that enough???
Just kidding! Today I take MB & T back to NC. From there they will leave for the long road trip to Utah. Longer still because there is a baby and a U-Haul involved.
I understand the need to go where you are prompted to go. But, man! It is so far away! I have really been spoiled/blessed to have them only 6 hours away for the past couple of years.
Now I know exactly how my mom felt as "I watched the little brown Toyota pull out of the drive way with my three little grand babies and their parents headed for North Dakota"
But this is not the only reason you should feel sorry for me.
Here's the real kicker.
Since retirement from the military for Duane is lurking around the corner we have been discussing the future. You know, that really big question. Were do we go from here. The answer used to sart with "I don't care as long as it is not Utah or North Dakota. Been there, done that. Got the t-shirt"
My tune has changed. The unfortunate part is that Duane agrees with the new tune.
It's either Utah or North Dakota.
Hopefully I will have a few more years to adjust to this new song.
Then again the tune that we have always followed is the one that starts out like this:
"I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord......"
I am sure that you are all familiar with that one.

4 comments:
It should be a law that grandmas get to live w/in driving distance of their grandkids.
The first few years we were married, we lived near Scott's family. His mom watched Riley while I taught school. When she was little, we called her "the Bird" almost exclusively. We were all excited when a mother bird built her nest on the gutter by the front window of my in-laws house. Riley loved to watch the eggs hatch and then the baby birds out the window. It was like having your own personal Animal Planet.
Sadly, tt was time for us to pack up our u-haul and head to Texas. Are you ready for the heart-breaker? After saying good-bye and watching us drive away, Scott's mom look out the window and the baby birds had all flown away.
Well wherever you end up... they are lucky to get you and we will miss you!
I do feel sorry for you and I know how hard it is to be so far from those you love. I know I'm not as cute as your grandbaby but I hoping ND is where you end up because I miss you guys.Come to Bismarck!
I don't want you to go anywhere . . . which is SUCH a big pull for you . . I know, I know!!!
Post a Comment