About Me

My photo
I am a very blessed person! Wife to an awesome man, mother to 4 wonderful kids(even though they all drive me crazy at times-even that awesome man!). I enjoy being me!!

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Do You Understand the Words That are Coming Out of My Mouth?

 Scene One: Waldorf, MD. Wendy's drive through

Wendy's Employee (talking at light speed): "Welcome to Wendy's. Would you like to try a combo?"

Me: "No.... wait." Aside to Duane, " Do you still want the baked potato?"

Duane: "No, I'll have the spicy chicken combo"

Me: "1 Spicey Chicken Sandwich combo with a diet coke, a baked potato and a small chili"

Wendy's Employee:  We only have three baked potatoes left. What size combo medium or large?"

Me: " Medium please. Great! I'll have one and a small chili."

Wendy's Employee: "No, we don't have any baked potatoes we only have three baked potaotes left."

Me (quizzical look at Duane): "That's what I want. 1 Spicey Chicken combo, 1 baked potato and a small chili."

Wendy's Employee: "We are not understanding each other."

Me: "Apparently not!"

Wendy's Employee: "We only have baked sweet potatoes left."

Me: "Then I'll just have the small chili."

Wendy's Employee: "One #7, medium or large? You want to substute the chili for the fries?"

Me (looking even more confused at Duane): " 1 medium Spicey Chicken combo with a diet coke and a small chili."

Wendy's Employee (with attitude): "Do you want to substitute chili for the fries?"

Me (seriously!?! and I can do attitude too!): "No. I want 1 medium Spicey Chicken combo with a diet coke and a small chili."

Wendy's Employee: "That will be $?.?? at the first window."

Scene Two: Driving around to pay and pick up food.

Me (looking at Duane): "Did you hear how much is was?"

Duane: "No."

Wendy's Employee (overly bright and cheerful): "$9.20 please."

Me: Pay the "nice" lady.

Wendy's Employee (still overly bright and cheerful): "Thank you!"

Drive to pick up window

New Wendy's Employee: "You ordered a Spicey Chicken combo and a small chili?"

Half way through this young man's question Duane and I both piped in with our order and I think that he must have seen the looks of frustration on our faces. He smiled and said, "I'm just checking to make sure." Perhaps he was confused too.

 Dear Wendy's Employee #1,

 Slow down girlfriend! You talk to fast! Your going at 100 miles an hour and you need to bring it down to about 45!

2 comments:

Mary Beth Volk said...

Geeeeez! How confusing..I have never had THAT bad of a time. Was the food atleast made right? ;)

LeeAnn said...

The young man at the window got the order right. He must have experience working with the speed talker and has learned to verify with the customer what they ordered!