About Me

My photo
I am a very blessed person! Wife to an awesome man, mother to 4 wonderful kids(even though they all drive me crazy at times-even that awesome man!). I enjoy being me!!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

It's About Time...

.....to write on my blog.

Random Thoughts:

*See that my last post was way back in November, gee wasn't that eons ago!?! It seems like it was. Time just flies by so fast these days.  I wonder if that is a "sign of the times"  Don't think I've ever read a scriptural reference for that though ;-)

*Christmas was great! The fastest clean-up EVER! One handful of wrapping paper and we were done!

*2012 will be a great year. Aaron graduates from the Air Force Academy! WooHoo! Then off to an assigned base of which will be revealed in February. We are keeping our fingers crossed that he will get sent to his first choice of Bases.  I'll let you figure that one out ;-)

*2012 may also bring another member into the Volk clan.....patiently waiting upon Aaron.......and not just me;-)

*Something that Duane pointed out last night as we were reading for this Sunday's Sunday School lesson: "Let us go up; the Lord is able to deliver us, even as our fathers, and to destroy Laban, even as the Egyptians.

4 Now when I had spoken these words,.......and who knew at the time that the Lord would then ask me to act upon them!!!"  (1 Nephi 4:3-4) Okay, so Nephi didn't really say that last part. Wonder if he later thought to himself that hindsight is always 20/20?

*Modern technology is awesome! Kinnected with Spencer, MaryBeth and the girls on Christmas day. What fun! Talked to Jake with all the family but Spencer, poor boy had to go to work. When we were all talking to Jake we could all hear Tori crying in the background and MaryBeth laughing at her. Tori was crying because she could not see us only hear us. Skype and Kinnect spoils us!

*Love Pandora radio!  I know you are sitting on pins and needles wondering what my favorite station is that I have created.   Epic Show Tunes!  Not just plain old boring show tunes but EPIC Show Tunes!

*Why do I blog? Compelling question to ponder through out this new year.  If my kids actually read my blog then I could say that it was for them.  Apparently they don't love me enough to read it. Yes I am trying to send them all on a guilt trip. It's what moms do right? Sad thing is is that they will never go on this trip because they do not read my blog(Jake is excused from the guilt trip as he is not allowed at this  time in his life to read my blog). 

*Sorry about the HUGE title picture. Good thing neither of us had a booger in our nose.

*Happy New Year! Looking forward to new adventures and challenges. What! Challenges!?!?! What kind of drugs am I smokin"? Looking forward to a smooth sailing, challenge free year!

5 comments:

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

THe advantage of your kids not reading the blog, is that you can talk about them freely.

Tina said...

Fun blog! I agree with Tara above about talking freely . . . although I think I have TWO kids reading my blog now. Halley said that it finally occurred to Chancy to read it and he actually did read many posts!! MIRACLES never cease! Even bigger miracle was that Chancy asked us to try to "skype" with him once a week. WHA????

It was fun seeing your "possible new addition" this Sunday.

Great pic of you and Duane! Marybeth is honing her awesome pictorial skills.

Happy new year to you too!

Jana said...

I love random thought blog posts because they are so random. I am not sure which base might be on Aaron's "dream sheet", but I know from experience you never get your first choice. If Aaron does well then things have really changed in the AF. :)

Unknown said...

I love the new pic!
and I love when you blog :)

Aaron Volk said...

Dear Mother,
Of course I read your blog. The only reason I stopped recently is because you stopped posting. I'm a little perturbed at your lack of faith in us, but I still love you.

Awaiting the next post,
Aaron