Last night I had the craziest dream.
One after another morphing into the grand finale of.........
I am driving to a friends house in Virginia. I haven't ever been there but she told me exactly where she lived so no problem right?
Yeah, right.
In the back seat of the car (what am I your chauffeur?) sits a good friend and the random dream stranger. We drive through town and are driving, driving, driving down the road. The good friend keeps asking me if this is the right way.
"I think so," I say. "She told me to get on this road and just keep driving until you see the big water tower." I am leaning up towards the steering wheel thinking that that will help me feel more confidant in where I am driving too.
I was just doing as I was told.
The next thing I know the good friend is grabbing the sash on my coat and mumbling incoherently and She. Won't. Stop!
"What! What is wrong?" Here the random dream stranger speaks up and says "Does this road keep going?"
It looked like it did. I can see a ditch and a dirt road that goes over it with some railroad tracks.
Then, KA-BAM! The bridge is out and we are in the ditch! It is full of water and moving us rapidly down ditch (well it wasn't a stream so I can't really say down stream now can I).
I look over to my right frantically trying to find a way out of the ditch and I see a trickling river is flowing into the ditch and that a car has driven down that river and right into the ditch that I am currently "driving" in. On purpose!
I look ahead of me and the ditch and river are combining into a raging torrent of water to be avoided at all costs!
I look to the left and I see that the car that has deliberately driven into the ditch has steered it's way out of the river and onto the banks and has driven into a town. So I crank my steering wheel over to the left and float my way over to the bank and out of the water (Come on, it's a dream. Cars can do amazing things in dreams.)
I never did locate the water tower or my friends house.
This morning I have been thinking about all the parallels in life that that dream can speak to.
The one that speaks loudest to me is the lesson of "Am I on the Right Road?"
Well, yes I am! But........
Is a course correction needed? Has life gotten in my way and I cannot hear the advice of friends (Carol) or the whisperings of the spirit (dream stranger) because I am mucking up my life with un-needful things?
Other thoughts:
Where are the Road Closed signs!?!?! Why weren't they there? Or were they and I just didn't see or hear them? Pride?
How do we live in the world and not be a part of it?(the other car that deliberately drove into the ditch!?!)
Hmmm........something(s) to ponder.
Dream Tendrils: When I got in my trusty little Subaru this morning I was so impressed that it still started up after being in all that water. Love that car!

3 comments:
Hmmm... this is one is interesting. So after Carol was holding onto you what happened to her? I am glad you made it out safe and the car was not waterlogged this morning. :)
Interesting thoughts Leeann! Thanks for making me think.
Dreams really can give you a lot to ponder sometimes.
Post a Comment