About Me

My photo
I am a very blessed person! Wife to an awesome man, mother to 4 wonderful kids(even though they all drive me crazy at times-even that awesome man!). I enjoy being me!!

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pure Gluttony

Duane And I have come to a milestone in our lives. We got back yesterday from Colorado Springs, CO from our last Parent's Weekend at the Air Force Academy.  We pretty much ate and shopped our way through the whole Labor Day weekend and now I will have to put in some hard labor to work it all off!

Day One: *Arrive at airport eat breakfast at McDonalds
                *Arrive at my brother's house. Meet him for lunch at Bird Dog BBQ
                *Shopping for cleats for Aaron. He needed them for Rugby and hadn't had time to get them.
                *Watch Aaron play Rugby. Whoa! Pretty intense and this was only intramural sports!
                *Dinner at Lanna Thai, Oh yummy, yum, yum!

Day Two: *Rise and shine and get ready to go to school. Breakfast at McDonalds
                 *Attend classes with Aaron. English, Intelligence and Politics, and Russian
(bad news for you from this class, Aaron and another cadet sang the Russian national anthem.  Thought I had it recorded on my phone but no. Epic fail on my part)
                 *Off to the Parade grounds to see all the cadets in their marching glory. Cool glider
                 demonstrations and a demo by the only live mascot in the NCAA, a falcon.  We were
                 late getting to the parade grounds and missed the sky diving troupe, Wings of Blue.
                 *Burgers and Dogs courtesy of Squadron 18, The Knight Riders (Aaron's squad)
                 *Aaron missed out on lunch as he was escorting my SIL off of the cadet area
                 so we went to Red Robin where he consumed a monster burger in record
                 time.
                 *Topped off the day with a viewing of Cowboys and Aliens.

Day Three: *Time to get some exercise in. A 20 minute Interval Training run. Man that was harsh.
                   *Thin air = more gasping from me than usual.
                   *Are you ready for some football!?!?!  It's game time. Time for game food and drink too!
                     Air Force won! Yeah!
                   *After game refreshment at Pinkberry. A frozen yogurt shop where my nephew works.
                   *Dinner time!  Another trip to Lanna Thai. Once was just not enough!
                  
Day Four: *Sunday! Ahh a day of rest.  But not from food. The two YSA wards do a lunch for all the
                 families and ward(s) members.
                 *Nap time!  Sweet!  It was so needed.
                 *Dinner time! What more food!?!?!

Day Five:  *Another Interval Training run. Total killer. Really tried to sprint hard and fast. I will
                  blame my failure at doing all 6 sprinting interval on the lack of oxygen in "The Springs."
                  Yup. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
                  *Went hiking up William's Canyon
                  *Went shopping and shop cruising in Manatou Springs
                  *Lunch at The Heart of Jerusalem. Delish!  The BEST Hummus I have EVER eaten. And
                  the pita bread was simply scrumptious!
                  *Off to another movie, X-men, First Class with some popcorn and candy.
                  *Hugs goodbye to Aaron as he had to get back to the Academy by 11pm.

Day Six:  *Lazy morning getting ready to leave.
                *Shopping at the Academy gift shop. I mean really, it's tradition.
                *Lunch at Jason's Deli. Mmmmmm tasty!
                *Drive to the airport.
                *Pit stop at DQ for a Blizzard
                Home.

Are you feeling as full as I am!?!?!?  Then of course we had to go out to celebrate my birthday tonight.  I should be good in the food category for at least a week or so!  Sheesh!

Only one more trip to the Air Force Academy for us. 37 more Sundays to go and Aaron graduates! May 23, 2012. I wonder if the airlines will be hiking up their prices for this event like the hotels in the area do? 

                                                                             The Ring
                                                               1st Degree Shoulder Boards
                                                                 Hiking Scenery



                                                            Aaron being a dork- a -zord

6 comments:

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

37 more weeks! What are the chances he'll get stationed in DC?

Unknown said...

Sounds like a delicious trip :)

Nina said...

Sounds like you had a great time! You'll be back before you know it!

Tina said...

Happy Birthday . . . . .

and wow, great eats!!!

Jana said...

It's okay, you were on vacation. I love Jason's Deli. So good. Glad you had a great trip.

Ken and Joni Page said...

What a fun travel log! I loved reading it. I could visulize and relive the moments of visiting the academy for class visits, the parade, the football game, the YSA ward visit and dinner. What a fun time. Glad you had a good time. Get your reservations now for May 23rd. You don't want to miss a thing!