Dear Mr. and Mrs. Santa Clause,
This year I’ve been a good boy. I tried really hard to do my duty as a missionary for the first half of the year, and now I am trying really hard to do my duty as a student. (Please ignore the fact that I have another final in three hours and am not currently studying.) I visited family when I could on important occasions. I try to be nice to people here at school and serve them in small ways in order to create a happier environment here. For this reason, I feel that I am justified in requesting a few gifts.
This Christmas I would like music, books, and clothing. Let me break it down for you:
Music: I prefer cds and not itunes cards because if music gets erased from my computer I still have the disc. I would be happy to receive any and all Journey, Queen, Old 97s, Rhett Miller (except the cd my dad has since I already copied it), Robert Randolph (except for the cd Color Blind since I already bought it), Jay-Z (don’t tell my mother about that one, she won’t like it…), and anything of similar qualities that you think I might enjoy. My dad might be a good reference.
Books: I’m getting a little philosophical this year. I already asked for Fairplay and The Haunted Wood from my little sister (they are about the ethics of intelligence gathering and the Soviet’s efforts to do it to the U.S.). I would also enjoy The Federalist Papers, Democracy in America by Tocqueville translated by Harvey C. Mansfield. Two books I’ve been interested in for a while are C.S. Lewis’ The Screwtape Letters and Mere Christianity. I am also interested in works like Brave New World, The Iron Heel, and Animal Farm. As with the music, I am open to surprises with books. My mother will be a good reference, but she may need to be informed that I am now more open to reading many of the books I previously rejected.
Clothing: I recently discovered that I need to get a “grown up wardrobe”. This would include outfits I could wear to official functions which call for formal, semi-casual, business casual dress and the like. Examples of the kind of stuff I am looking for can be found at BananaRepublic.com. I’m definitely not asking for you to shop there since I’m sure money is tight at the workshop given current economic conditions, but that is the kind of stuff I am looking for. If you’d rather just give me some cash so I can shop for myself, that would work as well. However, letting me dress myself is kind of dangerous, so perhaps you could let my mother and sister know that you need their help. They’re girls and like dressing people up.
That’s pretty much it this Christmas, Santa. One miscellaneous item is a new viola case. The viola is just under 16”. One that has some good storage space would be great.
Sincerely,
Aaron

6 comments:
I think he should get everything on his list :)
WOWZA! I asked my two older boys what they wanted for Christmas this year and they couldn't think of a single solitary thing . . . . and they've been starving . . . and have no transporation . . . . and are in need of clothes . . . . I woulda loved getting a list like this!!!
Love it!
Sounds like he's been pretty good and his requests seem reasonable. I think Santa should be nice :)
You should let Santa know that we found some nice dress shirts and sweaters at JCPennys during a sale that were around $17.50 each, which might be more affordable and they look just as nice as banana republic.
If I was Santa, I would give him everything on his list. His cuteness alone would do it for me! Also, there is no doubt in my mind, he's been a very good young man. I hope he got everything on his list.
Post a Comment