About Me

My photo
I am a very blessed person! Wife to an awesome man, mother to 4 wonderful kids(even though they all drive me crazy at times-even that awesome man!). I enjoy being me!!

Monday, July 26, 2010

Camp C.O.O.K.I.E.


Ahhhhh Girls Camp. Call me crazy but I love it!

This year was quite the adventure in adversity.

It all started with my grandaughter,Tori,and the cold germs that she so willingly shared with me. That turned into a serious sinus infection the first day of camp. Had to make a jaunt into Frederick to the emergency room for some drugs! The day of the hike Sotia decided that it would be cool(?) to get lost and sprain her ankle too. We were all SO HAPPY when Sotia and Tabatha were located. Well Sarah had to get in on the pain action and wrenched here knee as she was running away from some girls with water balloons. So up to this point we have total face pain, ankle pain and knee pain. In the wee hours of dawn (3 am) on Saturday (thankfully the day we all returned home,) I hear the lovely(????) sounds of somebody throwing up. Poor Jessi had been given the gift of an intestinal virus! I got out of my tent to help her out and see the Renee is up also. I was thinking that she had heard me and was up to help, but no! Briana was also the recipient of the viral gift! Off to the bathroom we trudged and there we stayed until 5:30 am. Renne went back to bed since she had to drive girls home later that day and I got Briana back in bed around 4:30. At 5:30 I decided to try (again) to get Jessi back to camp. I figured that she really didn't need to have people walking around her in the bathroom when the rest of camp came to life. As soon as 7am came around I got the rest of camp and the leaders up and sent my two gimpy girls and to sickies home!!! Then the last incident happened as we were taking down the very large dining canopy. Stefannia ended up getting hit with one of the poles and it looked like between the pole and her teeth she had a hole in her chin!  Fortunately she did not but we were all glad to be on our way home after the awards ceremony!

The crazy thing about all this is that in the 15 or so years that I have been going to camp as a leader in one form or another I have never had this happen before! Of which I am VERY grateful! I am also very grateful to have been able to go to camp this year with such a FANTASTIC group of young ladies!




The girls had a great time on the zip line! (so did I!)


The Stake Leaders in action! "C" is for COOKIE!


Playing NINJA again, and again, and again!


The gimpy girls- Sotia and Sarah


Hike to Cunningham Falls

Instead of doing Secret Sisters on a ward level this year we decided to Heart Attack all the other wards! What fun it was to get up at 4 in the morning and sneak around camp! Drats! We got caught too! Fortunately it was by another leader and we swore her to secrecy! At the awards ceremony on the last day of camp the girls received the Compassionate Camper award for doing this. I had to let the some of the stake leaders in on this planned event so that I could get the camp schedule BEFORE we got to camp so that we could plan our attack night!


Cunningham Fall State Park has some extremely rare tree mamals


Here we all are minus the gimpy girls, Sotia and Sarah and the virus vixens, Jessi and Briana. I don't know where Renee had gone to but she is also missing from the picture. Sabine was also there but she got the pleasure of going home early on Saturday (not so pleasurable as I understand it- there was a quick need to get poor Jessi home ASAP!)

3 comments:

Tina said...

WOW, that WAS an adventuresome camp!

Unknown said...

Wow is right!
Great pics and videos, fun!

Tina said...

Did you add the videos later??? Oh my gosh, Bishop Martin is HILARIOUS!!!!! Too funny.