About Me

My photo
I am a very blessed person! Wife to an awesome man, mother to 4 wonderful kids(even though they all drive me crazy at times-even that awesome man!). I enjoy being me!!

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Smooth Move Ex-Lax

After a delicious dinner of the food of the Gods, potatoes, the father of our family had finally laid his weary head down for a nap, his Father's Day present, when he was rudely interupted by a bleeding child.

Spencer, MaryBeth and Tori had gone out to the back yard to start a fire to do S'mores.

Chop
Chop
Chop
SLICE!

Yup, Spencer missed the wood and sliced the top of his foot with the hatchet.

Hop
Hop
Hop
Bleed
Bleed
Bleed

Laying on the floor due to the pain and getting light headed.

Dude! You got blood on my carpet! Go get your dad! Medical attention is needed. Mom is only good for a bandaid and this is way beyond that!

25 stitches later Spencer agrees that flip-flops really are not the proper footware when using a hatchet.

Somebody needs to revoke that boy's Tote-n-Chip!

7 comments:

Jana said...

OUCH!

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

25! Scott wants pics. I'm grossed out enough just knowing that 25 stitches were involved.

Tina said...

You made me laugh!!! (and I don't think this was meant to be funny was it??? maybe so :)

MissouriMormonMama said...

Ouch! Yes, 25 stitches later a tough lesson is learned about footwear appropriate for the job. ( : Poor guy! I hope the blood came out of the carpet ( ;

Mrs Ana said...

Ouch is right! I have to admit I laughed though, sorry Spencer!It's your mom's story telling. What were you thinking crazy guy???

Unknown said...

Funny post, for something not funny :)
Love the tote-n-chip line!
Thanks for the laugh...
...sorry Spencer.

Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh!!!! Gross and ouch!