I have a lame cat. This is pretty much what his life consists of, besides eating and the necessary trips to the litter box.
We had a mouse in our master bathroom a couple of weeks ago and discovered that our lame cat is NOT a mouse catchin' cat.
He's a mouse meow alert cat
A mouse starin' cat
A mouse sniffin' cat
But not a mouse catchin' cat
So out go the mouse traps. The wiley mouse ate the peanut butter off the trap. Harry probably watch him do it and then asked the mouse if he needed a napkin when he was finished.
Off to the store to get sticky mouse traps!!
Sticky traps are awesome! I did feel kinda sorry for the little mouse as he was straining to get off of the trap. Big D took him out and ended his suffering.
Sunday morning as I was getting ready for church I heard a noise that sounded like one of the other mouse traps had been sprung. I didn't think any thing of it though cause I had not heard the scurrying little feet of mice like I had with the first one. Last night Harry came in to the bathroom while I was in there and started meowing at the side of a cabinet in there. I went over to see what he was so excited about (I use that term very loosely here) and what do you know, it was a mouse caught in a mouse trap. Harry gave it a sniffin' after I pulled it out and that was about it.
Perhaps Harry is confused and thinks that he is a pointer (as in a hunting dog)and not a cat. He will point out the fact that something is there but he won't do anything about it!
Lame I tell you, simply lame.
Harry wouldn't even show this much interest!

4 comments:
Hilarious post! (except for the fact that you have mice!)
You feed that cat too much!
My cat once brought a bat into the house! Hope your mice problem is solved. :)
I love your cat. I just wish that the cat would snuggle. It's so smooshy, it'd be a great snuggly cat.
Harry will snuggle with Jake and Boomer. That's it. Nobody else is special.
Post a Comment