About Me

My photo
I am a very blessed person! Wife to an awesome man, mother to 4 wonderful kids(even though they all drive me crazy at times-even that awesome man!). I enjoy being me!!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

2 Weddings and Some Skiing

I am finally getting around to posting our Christmas adventures for 2009 (my goodness! That is so last year!)  We went out to Utah for the weddings of my niece and the son of our good friends, the Buxtons.  We had a crazy whirlwind time, but it was GREAT!

Our first adventure was to hit the slopes at Brighton.  We met the Mismash clan, Dave, Nina and Austin Smith. Josh Caless and our frind Mike Buxton.  Lori, Rachel and Tamara Caless were suppose to join us also but the storm back here in Maryland canceled their flights out.  It was a BEAUTIFUL day! So clean, clear and crisp.  I was in love with the updates on the skiis and cold weather gear!  I had not been skiing since I was in 8th grade and that my friends is many, many moons ago!
Here we are getting ready to ski. We picked up a friend of Jacob's so that she could join us in the fun.  Unfortunately I don't think that she had such a great time.  Apparently she has only skiied back east and the mountains of Utah kinda freaked her out!


       
Jacob, Duane, Spencer, Mike Buxton, Josh Caless, Me(proof that I really did go!), and Mike Mismash at Brighton Ski Resort.




Me and my main man!



We went to Powder Mountain with the Mismash's and had a freaky foggy time!  The fog was messin' up our minds in a crazy way.  Everything was white so as you are skiing along you would feel a bit of vertigo when you would hit a bump or ridge cause you couldn't see it.  It was kinda crazy!  Here are Mindy, Madisen and I with our frosty hair. Again, ever so thankful for the new warm gear technology!  Had foot warmers in my boots and hand warmers in my gloves. The two places that alway made me miserable with cold when I was younger!







Big D took these cool pictures of the ice crystals on the lift frame and the fog.  The fog cleared up  for about 20 minutes and the view was fantastic!  I had never experienced skiing in fog before. 

On Christmas day Duane, Megan and Jacob went up to Snow Basin to hit the slopes one last time.  I was full of fun in the snow and opted out of this trip.  Good thing I did too. About an hour or so after they left Big D called and asked if I could bring his ski pants up to him.  He forgot them.  A little chilly skiing in just jeans!  So being the nice wife that I am (but really Tori just desperately neede a good long nap), Spencer, MaryBeth, Tori and I drove up to Snow Basin and took the poor man his ski pants.  Jacob decided to come back home with us when we left. He had taken a pretty good spill and scraped up his side.  Guess one could call it a snow burn!

We spent Christmas Eve at my dad's place and Santa came to visit. Tori would have absolutley nothing to do with him!  I remember when I was little that Santa would come to our house too and I was terrified of him!


Those you don't recognize in these pictures are my dad and step-mom.


My fam, my dad and Liz, S, MB & T, my sister's fam (the lovely couple on the left are the newlyweds).


My mom's cat, Max, tried to hitch a ride to Maryland with me but I had to kick him out cause my mom really likes him!


Megan and Tori....chillin'
 after opening Christmas presents.


My mom's crazy cats. Such posers!

We had such a great time. It was so wonderful to be with family and friends!

5 comments:

annie valentine said...

I am going to pretend that we don't feel totally left out of the ski trip. I'll pretend really hard.

But seriously, glad you had a good time.

Tina said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time. For some reason, I had you pegged for a ski bunny! I haven't gotten out of the "snow plow" mode and I have been coerced into going a few times! Something about going downhill at high rates of speed just doesn't appeal to me . . . and "snow plowing" gives your thighs a horrible burn!!!

Unknown said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I remember going to Powder Mountain and Snow Basin...someday I'm going to take Mike snow skiing, he's never been!

Jana said...

Looks like a great time. Is skiing like riding a bike? I have only been once in Vermont and we are thinking of taking advantage of the powder here in NM. Not sure if I am up to it. :)

Unknown said...

Fun!