About Me

My photo
I am a very blessed person! Wife to an awesome man, mother to 4 wonderful kids(even though they all drive me crazy at times-even that awesome man!). I enjoy being me!!

Monday, May 16, 2011

Week Long Mother's Day

My how time flies. Just 8 days ago I was on the phone chatting with all my kids plus a few others! On Mother's Day we got to talk to Jake and he sounds GREAT! He pretty much monopolized the whole conversation. Which is amazing since Megan was on the phone too;-)
We did a conference call with all the kids plus Jake and Beau's good friend Emily. Mitchell Mismash was at our house and Megan had her boyfriend, Jeff, with her too. It was awesome. Jake went crazy and broke the mission rule of a 45 minute phone call. An hour and 40 minutes later.........Jake received some great advice from the 3 returned missionaries and lots of love and encouragement from the rest of us.

Warms the cockles of my heart hearing all of them ribbing each other and sharing that time together (but it doesn't mean I want them all back at my house).

Aaron was out for a brief visit. He spent most of it on the couch being a veg head. Don't blame him though. Just came off of finals week and needed to turn the brain off for a few days.

MaryBeth, Tori and Josi spent the evening with us on the 11th too and they will be coming back this way again this week.

As my Mother's Day has stretched out for more than a week I'd have to say it has been SWEET!

And just to cover all my bases; For Megan and Aaron who read their mother's blog every now and then, I also received a lovely bouquet of flowers from my kids. Every now and then they speak to each other. Actually, they talk to each other more than they talk to us!!

3 comments:

Tina said...

You are a very blessed woman!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a wonderful Mother's Day week :) You deserve it!

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

Jake should have got to talk double-since he missed the last one. You are a great mom w/ great kids