You've seen them, but hopefully you haven't smelled them."Them" is the Brown Marmorated Stinkbug. A creature that begs the question "Why?"
How is this creature going to fullfill the "measure of it's exsistance?"
Well apparently it not only stinks when you squash it, it is also a pest that likes to cause damage to fruit and vegie crops.
Imported from China.
Can we send it back along with the lead based toys?
Now there's a job to stimulate the economy.
"Hey Megan(heeheehee) I hear you finally got a job! Fabulous! What are you doing?"
"I'm in the export busines now. I am a Brown Marmorated Stingbug Handler."
"A what?"
"Well, you know all those shield looking bugs that have been imported from China? I round 'em up and send 'em back!"
Seriously though, why am I even thinking about these bugs? Well at work there has been one slowly dieing on the bathroom floor that I have been watching for the past couple of days. Wondering what in the world do they eat and most importantly.....
Hoping that I was NOT on the committee that came up with the idea for this insect! For that matter I hope that I was not on the spider, snake, mesquito, slug, ect committee.
Surely I was on the cat committee.
Now you are wondering why didn't I just pick up the bug and throw it away? Well, there is a method to my madness. The reason is twofold.
First - It's a test. I was leaving it there to see if the bathrooms get cleaned this weekend.
Second- You would have missed out on this fabulous blog posting if I had thrown the bug away. Don't you ever wonder why some things were created? ;-)


2 comments:
You are so funny :)
I'm glad we didn't miss out on this post.
I wonder that about a lot of things! I particularly dislike those bugs, as they DECIMATED our squash crop last year. This year we are going to battle them and win.
Post a Comment